Sunday, February 6, 2011

Emily had the opportunity to be Helen Keller in her school wax museum. She enjoyed reading and learning about Helen Keller throughout the month and putting her poster and presentation together. She and her classmates stood (and sat) for over 2 hours as parents and student body came to see the characters from past and present who have made a difference in the world. It really is a pretty neat presentation and of course the kids loved dressing up. Katy tried out for her school musical this week with a song from "My Fair Lady" She did a great job especially considering she had never had an audition like this before and she didn't have a chance to practice with an accompaniast until the actual audition. She made call backs which was very exciting and ultimatley got put on the dance ensemble team. Her cousin Abbey was chosen to be the captain of the dance ensemble and Katy is really excited to get to work closely with her. Practices are going to be pretty intense over the next couple of months but so fun for her to be involved.

After much prayer and fasting and thinking and talking to others I have to decided to not be as involved with this new Dyslexic Center that I was so excited to announce last week. I have realized there is a time and season for all things and I only get my sweet little ones for such a short time. I still will be involved in helping raise funds but tutoring and being director of fund raising will have to be put on hold for a season. I am thankful for those who helped me work through a tough week of trying to figure this all out.

Katy and I got to demo our favorite GF product Saturday at a health food store in Spanish Fork. It was so fun to give people free samples of such a great product (SunflourMills) and talk to other people with celiac or who have kids with celiac. I felt like I got to share some of my knowledge about GF foods and hopefully help others. It was great to be there with Katy and we will hopefully be doing it a couple of times a month.

Birthday countdown has begun around here and Jake and Hunt are very excited for their Percy Jackson birthday party this weekend. We'll see if mom knows enough about the book to make it fun for them.

No comments: